Often when we think of cocktails we imagine icy cold Mojitos or refreshing Margaritas by the pool. However, with the shorter days and crisp cold nights you cannot beat a soothing wintery sipper to warm the cockles.
Spring isn’t far away but the evenings still have a chill to them. Although we are all excited for the change of season and the vivacious culinary treats that it will bring, there are still a few cold nights by the fire to be enjoyed.
Here are 6 of our favourite cocktails to serve this time of year; think winter warmers with a little bit of spring time hope!
1. Bourbon Old Fashioned - For those who enjoy a stiff drink, but feel like something a touch softer
2. Brandy Alexander - An indulgent dessert cocktail perfect for an after-dinner digestif.
3. Spiced Mulled Wine - A classic soothing wine based cocktail with many options for customisation.
4. Ginger pear martini - A warming and refreshing martini for those late fall evenings.
5. Spicy Pineapple Mint Julep - A warming, fruity take on a southern United States classic.
6. Hankey Panky - The sultry cocktail created at the Savoy in London by Ada Coleman, perhaps the most famed female bartender of all time.